Top 10 Items to Pack in Your Vacation Suitcase:
1. Clothing: As hard as it is, limiting the amount of clothes you pack is crucial. Pick cool casual pieces of clothing that are easily interchangeable with one another allowing you to make the most out of what you bring.
2. Lightweight Jacket: It’s a good idea to bring a light jacket or something with a hood just in case you encounter an unexpected storm - because everyone knows how unpredictable the weather can be.
3. Bathing Suit: Of course you’re going to pack a bathing suit so why add this to the list? Well, on Hilton Head Island you may be in a bathing suit more often than not, so it’s a good idea to bring at least two. That way if something happens to your only bathing suite you aren’t stuck spending your time hunting for a new one when you could be lounging poolside or playing in the ocean.
4. Sun Protection: You might be thinking why pack sunscreen when I can just buy it when I get there? The reason for packing sunscreen is because if you are going to a resort or a popular beach destination they usually charge an arm and leg for sun protection. It’s also a good idea to buy a sunscreen with a SPF 30 because anything higher really doesn’t give you much more sun protection. In fact, what really makes sunscreen beneficial is the amount of times you reapply. You should reapply every couple of hours or if you’re in the water a lot you should reapply every time you get out.
5. Aloe Vera: This might seem like another item to just buy if you need it, but sometimes it can be hard to find and also pricey. Plus do you really want to take a chance not being able to find aloe vera when you need it? Anyone who has ever been sunburned bad enough knows not to make that mistake.
7. Sunglasses: Not matter what your style of shades is, make sure that they are designed to protect your eyes from the sun. It’s best if you can bring sunglasses that have polarized lenses because it is important when spending time in the sun to make sure you have proper eye protection.
8. Travel First Aid Kit/Medicine: Packing a travel first aid kit is a must because just like the weather, you can’t predict when you or someone you're with might get hurt. Also packing medicine that helps relieve pain and stomach aches is a good idea. Having both of these items at your finger tips, while hopefully not used, if needed, will make you glad that you packed them.
9. Hygienic Products: It’s always a good idea to pack some essentials with you in your carry-on because you never know when you might need them. Packing travel shampoo and conditioner, deodorant, hand sanitizer, toothpaste and a toothbrush with you in your carry-on will ensure that even if your flight is delayed or your luggage is lost, at least you will have the necessities to make you more comfortable.
10. In Case of an Emergency: Whether you are traveling abroad, out of the country or just to the next state, make sure you photo copy all of your ID cards, passport or any other important documents. This will relieve tons of stress if these items are lost or stolen and you will have photo copies with you to show anyone who might need to see them.